Monday, June 16, 2008

Dublin's Snoozin' Skyline


Kevin Power reports a no-show from David McWilliams after all.

MR Power (doefishal blog roighter bye de look off tings) Opines:
"(where was he?), the Irish Values debate proved a fairly stimulating seventy minutes. It was a fearsomely bourgeois event – a reminder of the extent to which the Irish middle class still hasn’t become aware of itself as the dominant social and cultural force in this country. "

Jaysus I hope dare not waitin' on yous fellas to wake dem up dare Kevo. Let dem haff an udder snuz while me mates and me check out dare gaff.

Power perpetuates arcane class strata and incorrectly attributes cultural momentum to a lardarse of passive cultural consumers by means of the most bourgeois of comments. Middle classes me arse Kevin. Ginger took me advice and stayed away.

No comments: