Thursday, October 9, 2008

ONLY 33 followers in four days of twittering?


Actually 33 real and generous people being in anyway interested in anything I might have to spontaneously say/write possibly seems like an incredulously outlandish stat to my long suffering wife Lucy.

But there it is in green and white and a bit of blue and a kind of off colour which is hard to pin down at this time of night/ morning. I have learned some stuff in the last four days since I first joined twitter:

1. Do make lists, people apparently like lists.

2. Don't be my usual overtly opinionated self - be humble but not an idiot.

3. Find some funny images of cats or monkeys to improve tweet end visuals

4. I can't be truly spontaneous without shower gel in my hand.

5. The world of Twitter contains a lot of PR centric and 'good info' tweets

6. The world of twitter contains a lot of Real and generous people.

7. Don't use 'big' words like incredulously or outlandish as they really break th twitter bank and make me sound like a dick.

8. Put some time and thought into tweets and posts.

9. Don't start using twitter until I've finished building my site (Got that one very wrong)

10. Is always a good place to end lists.

11. be original - most kids haven't seen spinal tap.

No comments: